Rhinoplasty – nose surgery – comes in a variety of different forms. Laser, surgical (both open and closed), and filler – also known as liquid. Each procedure can be used to help reshape the nose. But they all require a different approach and can have a different function. So, what exactly is liquid rhinoplasty? Why would you choose it? And is it suitable for you?
Everything You Need to Know About Liquid Rhinoplasty
What is a liquid nose job?
A liquid nose job refers to the process whereby dermal fillers are injected into the nose to change its shape. A non-invasive alternative to traditional rhinoplasty, it can deliver instant results. Making it a great choice for patients looking to address minor asymmetries to their nose. Or small cosmetic irregularities, such as a dorsal hump. Some people also choose to use liquid rhinoplasty to tackle slight post-operative deformities. Although this must be done with care, to avoid causing problems with bloody flow.
What are the benefits of liquid rhinoplasty?
There are a range of reasons why a person might opt for liquid rhinoplasty over surgical.
· Results can be seen almost instantly.
· You will not need to take any time off work for recovery. While surgical rhinoplasty typically requires a two-week recovery period, with liquid rhinoplasty, you’ll be ready for work the next day. You should still be careful not to disturb your nose for a couple of weeks, but it shouldn’t interfere with your normal activities.
· The procedure is non-invasive. So, while your nose may feel slightly tender for a few days afterwards, you shouldn’t experience much pain.
· Liquid rhinoplasty is usually much cheaper than surgical rhinoplasty.
· The results are not permanent. This can be seen as both a negative and a plus. If you are unsure about reshaping your nose, liquid rhinoplasty can be a good way to test drive your new look before committing to surgery. But it’s not a permanent solution. So, if you like the results, you will have to undergo the procedure again at some point in the future. Usually within two years.
Are there any drawbacks to a liquid nose job?
We’ve already mentioned that liquid rhinoplasty is not permanent. And that is the main thing to keep in mind when considering the procedure. But it is also worth knowing that liquid rhinoplasty is only useful for a small variety of problems. So, it may not be suited to your needs.
Liquid rhinoplasty is also rarely a good option for people who are concerned about the size of their nose. Because dermal fillers add volume, they typically make the nose look larger. In many instances, this is a positive thing. But it will not suit all faces.
Are there any risks associated with liquid rhinoplasty?
There are risks associated with all cosmetic procedures. And in the case of liquid rhinoplasty, it is vitally important that you work with a highly experienced professional. Your nose contains an extremely complex system of small arteries and other veins. If this is compromised by poorly placed fillers, it can lead to a range of problems, including infection, necrosis, and even blindness. When conducted by an expert practitioner, the procedure is as safe as any possibly can be. But never risk your health by selecting a cheaper option.
A liquid nose job is a quick way to change your appearance for the better. With rapid results and rapid recovery, it can provide the aesthetic boost you need feel happier about your appearance. Just remember that it is not a permanent solution. And that you should always work with a professional.